Monday, July 03, 2006

summertime take one today

This is what folks get up to in the summer months around these parts. This is the Willamette River. It's slower and lower now, of course...and I'm standing on a footbridge (one of several that span the waters at intervals). I stopped for a moment during the bike ride I luxuriated in this morning. I love seeing the rocks poking up all over and stacked one atop another.








This is looking upriver, to the east.



I think this may be a magnolia tree. The blossoms are HUGE, bigger than softballs by far - though the size isn't represented very well here.



I arrived at the supermarket and these were at the flower stand!



It's a beautiful day here...........I love summer.

4 Comments:

Blogger original trish said...

Gotta have a comment every now and again. Love the pictures, actuallly I love shooting flowers at the stores, can't afford to buy them anymore. Plus I've never liked cut flowers, I like live flowers. Good job and thanks for making your blog so much fun. Trish

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool rock shots. i can almost smell the fish scent on the banks with the river that low. makes me want to roam the shoreline... and create. aloha - Wrick

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 3:02:00 PM  
Blogger EraserQueen said...

COOL!! Yep, those are so magnolia trees! We had HUGE ones in front of the DeWitt Wallace Gallery in Williamsburg where I used to live erm...cool link here: http://www.world-guides.com/images/williamsburg/williamsburg_dewitt_art_mus.jpg that's the garden there I used to wander around in a lot :D

And this is the site for the museum..I wich they had more pictures! http://www.history.org/history/museums/dewitt_gallery.cfm

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I always thought of the rock-stacking near the Autzen foot bridge as kind of a nod to Andy Goldsworthy. He's my favorite. Biodegradable art is beautiful, and forever if only in the mind (like the Spiral Jetty...).

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home