Monday, May 29, 2006

beached

This is something I just threw together! I have always loved animation. When I was a kid I drew flipbooks on those 3x5 index cards. If I can find them, if I still have them, I'll film those too. I just finished watching some video clips over at Chris Sickel's Red Nose Studio. He's amazing! Saw his work on the cover of...Prospect magazine a few weeks ago, I'm pretty sure. And I carved a fish skeleton yesterday with my new Speedball carving tool set (schweeeeet!) and thought, huh. Why don't I make my own flipbook animation? (still have not learned Flash or how to mash up photos in Photoshop to make a GIF or an animation short. yet.)

So here is the result, it's a bit fuzzy, maybe I'll do it again. It's supposed to be flopping around, like all dead-skeletons-of-fish do.....Soundtrack courtesy Chemical Brothers, album Surrender, track Orange Crush:



(click on the lower left play button to stay in this browser window, or you can double click on the play screen and go straight to YouTube)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home