Wednesday, May 24, 2006

studio outtakes



Just got back from a nice bike ride - and I was only out in the rain for the last, oh, eight minutes of it! Sweet! Got home and opened the mail while I stretched. The kitchen cabinets are a good place to stretch my calves - I guess that's a hard thing to picture. But I was looking around at the art and stuff I left lying around before my bike ride (admittedly, a hasty departure because the rain had stopped) and thought it'd be a good thing to record. Over at LMAO we have an album for pictures of our studios...well this is the other half of mine. I just make do with whatever space is available and this morning it was the south side of the kitchen, where I am doing things with crayons.

First I tried drawing on various sorts of paper, and then putting another piece of paper on top, and then ironing it. Not very spectacular results. Very disappointing. Then I tried laying wax paper over the drawings...still nothing, really. Then I tried a piece of lined paper, folded in half with the drawing in - that's better! Getting that parchment/stained glass effect now! Then I just put a piece of paper right on the darn iron and started drawing stuff - presto!

and THEN I just warmed up my cast iron skillet and put a piece of paper inside and drew on that! Brilliant!

Who needs a plate warmer?



Here's a closer-up photo of the melty crayon drawing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home