Thursday, March 02, 2006

walkabout

Here are some pics I snapped whilst out and about the other day. I live at the base of a small butte, so just about daily I walk to the top, down the lee side, sometimes I go through the park down by the river, and then I walk up and back down the butte again. It's a great view at the top and I love the neighborhood.



I've walked up that butte hundreds of times and never saw this until tuesday. It may be newly placed, or I may have used my eyes in a new way. I love it though.



A splash of color...everything starts bursting at the end of February!



Top of the butte, overlooking the valley to the west. You can see Eugene from here, it's only about three miles away. The hump on the right-ish side is Skinner's Butte, it's right by the river. If you look left just an inch or so, you'd be gazing just about right at the library where I work.



Looking southwards from atop. The big bump partly shrouded in mist is Spencer's Butte. That is a nice little hike.



Daffies!!



Legs. Mine. They work!



I think it's beautiful, and again, I'd never really seen it, or in this way until now. It'll probably make its way into some art - there is an upcoming Asian themed ATC swap. Perfect.



Now I KNOW I've never seen these rabbits here before! What a day I had! Hey, it was my birthday...what a great birthday.





Coming into the park now, over a small bridge.





Cute lil' quackers.



Great big honkers! (they mobbed me, even for stale freezer burned corn tortillas!)



On the way back home. I love the carpet of lavender colors that spring up around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home