Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rosewood

Front of the house - Kit and John live here; I'm in the back. Come on round! (some shots are from a sunny day and some are from today, this evening, it's clouded up but ahhhhhh still warm, I love love loooove summertime)


Now we're headed toward the rear of the house - I'm facing south, away from the street, and out on to the garden and yard (sweeeeet).



Here's my front door!
Welcome!


This is walking in the front door:



Looking north - to the left of the TV is a pretty deep storage space that parallels the bottom staircase. I love the accordion door.




And standing on the other side of the room, looking back at where we were just standing:
(I'm near the stairs now)




Swinging in to the kitchen, still on the first floor -


I love this hutch against the wall. Plenty of storage in the kitchen, it is sooooo great:



Standing in the kitchen, looking out into the living room:



From the second or third stair:



And now looking up the staircase, where Ganesh waves a fine how do ya do (Ganesh for new journeys):

After just doubling back on the landing, going up to the second floor where my bedroom and bathroom are:

I bought this sweet little wardrobe at River Road Second Hand Furniture - it's right down the street, and it fits PERFECTLY inside this little cubby between the big big closet (north side of the room) and the bathroom! All the drawers slide very nicely too, unlike the other dresser I had (thanks Mom...she gave it to me when I was 20 years old but I had to say goodbye but it's living with good folks)


Panning clockwise around the room -- here's my art space. Kit offered me two old doors, and Jacque said she'd help me set them up. So last week we went to BRING recycling, and I bought two cabinets to set the doors on, plus a filing cabinet I already owned (and a book that fit perfectly underneath to bring all the doors level):


Standing over by my bed,




The reason the bed is on a platform is because Kit and John needed to make headroom for folks going up and down the stairs! They made the platform a perfect twin-bed size, and you can see that they also installed some thick marbled glass blocks so that in the daytime, the stairwell receives light from above, and at night if the stairwell light is turned on, it illuminates this side of the bedroom very softly. Smart people. Lotta love here.


On the left (south) is the deck, let's go on out, shall we? Mind your head, the laundry's drying out here:

(those are hops growing up and in bewteen the deck railing things - loooooovely!!!)

The garden!!!!!

The sister sequoia (you saw one on the way in from the street, to the west). Sure is a beauty. And, my first night here, the moon was full behind it giving it a lot of glow.


Here are some evening pictures:



I'm in the picture below, at age nine, making my mother a bent wire 'pin' (from a large paperclip) that says Mom


From the garden, nightfall:


Thanks for dropping by! Hey, I just made some zucchini carrot raisin muffins. Want one?

4 Comments:

Blogger ellipsisigh said...

That sequoia tree the one you see from your deck is beauty-full. The shape of the green leafy branches and the lines of the trunk....ooh I'm jealous...we don't have that around here...
Adamandia

Sunday, July 29, 2007 5:11:00 PM  
Blogger Victoria Koldewyn said...

yeah.........that is one amazing tree. I love when the wind blows through, too. It's so majestic. And playful.

Sunday, July 29, 2007 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Issi said...

wow Viki, its beautiful!! I love it :o)))

Saturday, August 11, 2007 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger Victoria Koldewyn said...

it really is, isn't it? I love it here so much. Good to see you, Issi.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home